An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced financial controller to join our team. The successful candidate will manage the financial processes of all businesses within the group, produce and analyse financial data, comply with statutory duties and assist with the management of the group’s finances.
- Manage financial processes for all businesses within the group including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, and employee expenses;
- Responsible for the production of management accounts for all businesses within the group, including consolidated management accounts;
- Responsible for the general ledger including preparing and posting accruals, prepayments, and deferred income;
- Produce balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner, raising relevant issues with management;
- Monitor the fixed asset register for tangible and intangible assets. Ensure that the register is kept up to date and accurate;
- Assist with the accurate up keep of stock transactions, particularly the accounting related to it (internally know as Operating Leased Assets);
- Complete VAT returns for all of the businesses within the group, ensuring their accuracy;
- Complete corporation tax returns and assist with the R&D tax relief claim;
- Monitor the cash position of the businesses within the group. Update the cashflow model to understand the actual position and prepare the cashflow forecast based on data held in the internal systems;
- Work with external developers to maintain, monitor and improve processes relating to financial transactions. Reacting to issues and pragmatically fixing them to ensure accounting systems are kept up to date and accurate;
- Manage the group’s finance and accounting system (Currently Sage business cloud and payroll, supported by Autoentry). Including user admin, setting nominals, creating reports, and being the key point of contact for the Sage helpdesk;
- Manage the Group Accounts Manager, supporting them with their professional development and ensure they are fulfilling their duties appropriately. Where, necessary covering their duties when they are absent.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA);
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts for a small group of businesses;
- Experience of producing management accounts for a small group of businesses;
- A minimum of 3 years working as an accountant (or training to be an accountant) working within or for small businesses.
- Experience of being a line manager;
- Intermediate excel skills, including basic formulae such as vlookup(), if(), sumif(), and others;
- Experience of working within or managing the sales ledger;
- Experience of working within or managing the purchase ledger;
- Experience of preparing and submitting VAT returns and corporation tax returns;
- Experience of managing and maintaining finance systems, ideally with knowledge of how they may integrate with other proprietary systems.
About SAAS Global
SAAS Global is the mothership of fast-growing advertising & tech businesses including advertising agency Forward & Thinking, media company Wold Outdoor and telematics supplier Simplytrak.
Our group of companies are on a fast and exciting growth path, and we’ve got exciting things coming our way. You will be joining a diverse group of companies:
Forward & Thinking are a media buying and digital advertising agency. Boasting over 100 years combined advertising experience our team of experts research, plan and execute highly-targeted advertising campaigns. Amongst our clients are the University of Hull, Everton FC, Crimestoppers, PC Specialist and NHS Leeds.
Simplytrak provides cloud-based vehicle tracking and video telematics solutions to fleets in more than 40 countries on five different continents, covering a spectrum of industries. In the UK alone, clients include ticketmaster, Wickes, and Amazon Delivery Partner ATA Couriers.
Wold Outdoor combines the skills of a multi-award winning local architect, a seasoned team of digital media planning experts and data handling professionals. Our strategy is to create beautiful bespoke sculptural digital media towers in our regions.
And the benefits are great…
- Access to discounted gym memberships & wellbeing platforms
- Perkbox monthly flexi points to use on us!
- Great scope for career progression in a fast-growing organisation
- Continual personal growth opportunities
- Hybrid working (working from home and office)